Islamic State (IS or ISIS) terrorists are hitting back at an international coalition to defeat global jihadism on Monday, after the group released a video calling on its followers to attack member countries, including the US and France. "If you can kill a disbelieving American or European - especially the spiteful and filthy French - or an Australian, or a Canadian, or any other disbeliever from the disbelievers waging war, including the citizens of the countries that entered into a coalition against the Islamic State, then rely upon Allah, and kill him in any manner or way however it may be," IS spokesman Abu Muhammad al-Adnani urged. "Smash his head with a rock, or slaughter him with a knife, or run him over with your car, or throw him down from a high place, or choke him, or poison him." Calling the Western campaign a "crusade," Adnani also taunted US President Barack Obama, whose $500 million motion to train and fund other Syrian rebel groups in its fight against IS was recently approved by Congress. "It will be broken and defeated, just as all your previous campaigns were broken and defeated," Adnani said, peppering his taunts with the claim that the president is a "mule of the Jews." "You claimed today that America would not be drawn into a war on the ground," he added. "No, it will be drawn and dragged. It will come down to the ground and it will be led to its death, grave and destruction." The video surfaces after Obama - who has spent most of his presidential term extracting the US from the region - last week announced that a broader campaign would seek to "degrade and ultimately destroy'' IS. Meanwhile, the US has continued to strike IS targets in Iraq - and has sent roughly 1,600 troops to the region so far in a series of airstrikes - but has not pledged to authorize ground strikes in either country. "It is more effective to use our unique capabilities in support of our partners on the ground so they can secure their own countries' futures," he said earlier this month.