Strike on Iran
Strike on IranIDF spokesperson

Iran may attack US military targets in Europe if the US renews the war, the Financial Times reported, quoting people close to the Iranian regime.

Two IRGC insiders told the Financial Times that Iranian forces have weighed strikes on US assets in southeastern Europe, such as Bulgaria and Cyprus. They also said that Iran has examined attacking submarine fiber-optic cables in the Strait of Hormuz if tensions escalate.

Royal United Services Institute research fellow Sidharth Kaushal told the Times that Iran's newest threat is "real, but limited," adding that the IRGC could deploy medium-range ballistic missiles against US assets in southeastern Europe, but would have a hard time causing damage at longer range, since if heavier-duty missiles were used, the payload would need to be reduced.

The second insider warned that Iran would have "no limits" if the US renewed the war; the first said that the attack on a US base in Jordan, which killed three US service members, was a "message to Europe."

He also said that Iran is trying to emphasize that anyone who cannot reach agreements with Iran's Parliament Speaker Mohammad Bagher Ghalibaf will need to deal with Supreme National Security Council Secretary Mohsen Rezaei instead.

Ghalibaf, who is also a senior negotiator, accused Washington on Tuesday of escalating pressure on Tehran in an attempt to extract concessions that were not included in the Islamabad memorandum of understanding (MoU).

“Americans think squeezing Iran harder will win concessions that were never part of the agreement," Ghalibaf wrote on social media.

“Bessent and Hegseth are way out of their league," he added, referring to US Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent and Secretary of War Pete Hegseth.

“Stop waiting for the clown crew to pull a rabbit out of their hat and clean up the mess you made."

Separately, Iranian Foreign Ministry spokesperson Esmaeil Baghaei rejected reports of indirect, undisclosed contacts between the United States and the IRGC through representatives in Iraqi Kurdistan. He also denied reports of a secret US-Iran meeting in Erbil.

Baghaei described such reports as "media techniques and psychological operations used to sow discord among Iran's decision-making bodies."

Also on Tuesday, US President Donald Trump said that there are currently no negotiations being conducted with Iran and that no talks are scheduled.

"There are no talks or conversations going on, or scheduled, with the Islamic Republic of Iran. The Naval Blockade remains in full force and effect. The Hormuz Strait is open and operating. All water mines have been removed or detonated. Thank you for your attention to this matter! President DONALD J. TRUMP," the President wrote on his Truth Social platform.

Trump stated earlier this week during a Fox News appearance that a secret channel for peace discussions between Washington and the IRGC was active.

Later, Trump stated that he does not intend to seek an extension of the June framework agreement negotiated with Iran to resolve the conflict, while asserting that American forces have established "total control" over the Strait of Hormuz.